- Size: 38mm (length) * 22mm (width) * 14mm (height)
- Operating voltage: 3.3 – 5.5V
- Clock chip: high – precision clock chip DS3231
- Clock accuracy: 0-40 ℃ range, the accuracy of 2ppm, the annual error of about 1 minute
- Includes 2 calendar alarms
- Programmable square wave output
- The real-time clock generates seconds, minutes, hours, days, days, months, and years, and provides leap year compensation to 2100
- The chip comes with temperature sensor, the accuracy of ± 3 ℃
- Memory chip: AT24C32 on board (storage capacity of 32K)
- IIC bus interface, the maximum transmission speed of 400KHz (operating voltage of 5V)
- Can be cascaded to other IIC devices, 24C32 address can be short-circuit A0 / A1 / A2 modified, the default address is 0x57
- With CR2032 battery
About DS3231 RTC:
The DS3231 is a low-cost, high-precision I2C real-time clock (RTC) with integrated crystal oscillator (TCXO) and crystal. The device includes a battery input that maintains accurate timing when the main power is turned off. The integrated crystal improves the long-term accuracy of the device and reduces the number of components in the production line. The DS3231 is available in both commercial and industrial temperature ranges and is available in a 16-lead 300-mil SO package.
RTC saves seconds, minutes, hours, week, date, month and year information. Months less than 31 days will automatically adjust the end of the month, including leap year correction. The operating format of the clock can be 24 hours or a 12-hour format with / AM / PM indication. Two programmable alarm clocks and a settable square wave output are provided. The address and data are transmitted serially via the I2C bidirectional bus.
The precision, temperature-compensated voltage reference and comparator circuit monitors VCC status, detects a power failure, provides a reset output, and automatically switches to a backup power supply if necessary. In addition, the / RST monitor pin can be used as a manual input to generate a μP reset.
In addition to high timing accuracy, the DS3231 has several additional features that extend the range of features and options available on the system host. The device integrates a very accurate digital temperature sensor, which can be accessed via the I2C * interface (as in the case of time). The accuracy of the temperature sensor is ± 3 ° C. On-chip control circuitry enables automatic power detection and manages power switching between primary and standby power supplies (ie, low-voltage batteries). If the main power supply fails, the device can continue to provide accurate timing and temperature, performance is not affected. The on-chip reset function can be used to restart the system microprocessor when the main power supply is recharged or the voltage value is returned to the allowable range.