ESP Relay Board Hardware
(Redirected from ESP Relay Board Series)
- For Board demo software setup, and debugging see on this page ESP Board Setup
- General board configuration
Specific for Relay Board
- Based on ESP-12F ESP8266 Wifi Board
- This relay board use one AC input, and supports two relay AC output
- Use mature AC-DC power module
- Plastic enclosure design support, package includes the plastic case
- Two Lead out buttons BTN1 and BTN2
- Two relay indication LEDs
- One status LED, indicating connecting status in demo code
- Resevered design for temperature sensor DHT22
- Screw terminal which are easy for wiring output
Hardware Update Logs
- Optmized lead out pins, IO4, IO5 used for IIC bus, see the demo image here.
- Optimized board layout, replace a few higher quality parts
Updated version R1.1:
- Fix isolation and current drop issue on old version, which cause the ESP-wifi board may have a 5% chance to reset/restart when you switch relays On/Off very very frequently. R1.1 version is not absolutely can be eliminated this issue since the onboard AC-DC module has a limit, but the probability of this problem should be controlled to the least, low to one percent.
- Maximum trace design for current passing, 2MM trace width to let 2A current pass through roughly for two relays together, so either 2A for running one channel device or 1A for two device. also open trace without soldermask, you can add more solders to get even higher current passing.
Specific for Relay Board VDC
|Setup||Terminal Input||Relay Output Power||On Board ESP Power|
|None||5-28V Vin||From Terminal||From Terminal via regulator MP1584, AMS1117|
|Jumper set to 5V||5V Vin||From Terminal||From Terminal via regulator AMS1117|
|remove 2 x 0R resistors||AC 250VAC or DC 30VDC max||From Terminal||Use 1x2 Pin ALT Vin|
VDC board - AC relay control
- to switch to control AC mains power, need to remove two 1206 0R resistors on board. Then power from left green terminal = relay output (and terminal)
- To supply power on board control circuit, add 6-27V power to "ALT VIN" pins
IO4 and IO5
- IO4 and IO5 hs pull up resistors for IIC bus to use
- Demo code for IIC OLED screen for LUA can be found at nodemcu github, /master/lua_examples/u8glib/ this folder, or click here to browse.
- To remove the pull-up resistor, find the 2x two-very-close-pin on the right side of break away header pin 4 and pin 5, use knife to cut them, then 4.7K resistor will be disconnected. Also can add solder to re-connect them later.
- Please connect the board to sensor by wires, because the PCB and relays will generate heats!!
- DHT22 support plug on to use, feel free to use wires or socket to settle the DHT sensor, pin definition is 3V3, data, NC and GND
- Default firmware has DHT module enable, upload example code will work directly. demo code here., or download lua sketch File:DHT22.zip, in esplorer run DHT22.lua direct to read temperature humidity
General Pin Definition
- Pin Definition for standard esp relay board, relay VDC board, relay SPDT board.
|ESP8266 Pins||Board Pins||Note||Function|
|IO12||Relay 1||-||relay 10A load max.|
|IO13||Relay 2||-||relay 10A load max.|
|IO14||reserved DHT22 socket||pull-up 10K resistor|
|IO4||DHT22||pull-up 4.7K resistor, can be disconnected|
|IO5||DHT22||pull-up 4.7K resistor, can be disconnected|
|IO0||button BTN2||pull-up 10K resistor||Hold down then power up to enter into flash mode|
|IO2||button BTN1||-||programmed for clear config from code version 1.2|
- Case size see on the image.
Projects (if you want list please let me know)