HLW8012 Pin Definition
- High-frequency pulse CF, indicating active power, in the range of 1000: 1 to achieve ± 0.3% accuracy
- High frequency pulse CF1, indicating current or voltage rms, using SEL selection, ± 0.5% accuracy in the 500: 1 range
- Built-in crystal, 2.43V voltage reference source and power monitoring circuit
- 5V single power supply, operating current less than 3mA
- Arduino frequency read sketch
- HLW8012 Datasheet CN
- arduino library - File:HLW8012 1.0.0 1281.zip - source page.
- Fcf = Power, Fcf1 = current, Fcfu = voltage
- V1: Voltage signal on the current channel pin
- V2: Voltage signal on voltage channel pin
- Fosc: built-in crystal, the typical frequency of about 3.579MHz;
- Vref: built-in reference source, the typical voltage is 2.43V
Use with ESP8266
- Download demo code from our github
- The demo code will monitoring the power, current, voltage and frequency, you can monitor it via telnet to see remote debug output, same as serial output, but safe when AC main power connected.
- Pin definition to esp8266 please see the comments in sketch
- Also can calibrate the parameters, see the comments in sketch
- Enter SSID and password in the sketch, run the demo code first to see IP address
- Connect to AC main power, login remotely via telnet, in windows for example, command: telnet 192.168.0.100
- on board sample resistor is 0.002R, 2mR, diameter 2.5mm, rate current is 20A. space is 10mm, height 7.5mm, "door" shape.
Energy monitor ICs: