Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The memory area of the MIFARE 1k is organized in 16 numbered sectors from 0 to 15.
- Each sector contains 4 blocks (block 0 to 3).
- Block 3 of each sector is called sector trailer and contains information (called access bits) to handle the sector access conditions and the secret keys (key A and key B). Depending on the setting of the access bits the
- Reader device has to perform an authentication with key A or key B to read or write the sector.
- Block 0 of sector 0 (i.e. Manufacturer Block also called Manufacturer Data) contains the IC manufacturer data, and the Unique Identifier (UID, also called Serial Number, see [ISOIEC 14443-3] for a detailed definition).