(Redirected from Category:Raspberry Pi Shield)
- use raspi-config to enable I2C
- Install python relevant tools
sudo apt-get install python-dev sudo apt-get install python-smbus i2c-tools
Test and scan I2C device by commands: sudo i2cdetect -y 1
- for new system and new board, by adding enable_uart=1 to config.txt, but limited system speed 250mhz.
Use Serial UART USB-TTL Cable
- Connect pins VCC - Pin1, GND - Pin3, RXD (white) - Pin4, TXD(green) - Pin5
- Open COM port on baudrate 115200, login with user=pi and password=raspberry
ID_SD and ID_SC pins
- You can't use GPIO 0/1 as an I2C bus on the Pi3. On the Pi3 I2C bus 0 is used internally.
- You can use GPIO 0/1 as ordinary inputs and outputs on the Pi3.
- There are no restrictions on earlier Pi models, you can use GPIO 0/1 as ordinary GPIO or as an I2C bus.