Here is a design for a full-featured motor shield that will be able to power many simple to medium-complexity projects.
- 2 connections for 5V ‘hobby’ servos connected to the Arduino’s high-resolution dedicated timer – no jitter!
- Up to 4 bi-directional DC motors with individual 8-bit speed selection (so, about 0.5% resolution)
- Up to 2 stepper motors (unipolar or bipolar) with single coil, double coil or interleaved stepping.
- 4 H-Bridges: L293D chipset provides 0.6A per bridge (1.2A peak) with thermal shutdown protection, internal kickback protection diodes. Can run motors on 4.5VDC to 36VDC.
- Pull down resistors keep motors disabled during power-up
- Big terminal block connectors to easily hook up wires (10-22AWG) and power
- Arduino reset button brought up top
- 2-pin terminal block and jumper to connect external power, for seperate logic/motor supplies
- Tested compatible with Arduino Mega, Diecimila & Duemilanove
- Download the easy-to-use Arduino software library, check out the examples and you’re ready to go!
- The motor drive, can also drive 4 dc motor can be 600MA through each motor, motor can be run in to the 36V voltage between 4.5 V.Can also drive two stepper motor and two steering gear.