[Retired]Dot Matrix Display Kit w/MAX7219 IC, PCB
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- Product Enquiry
The MAX7219 is an integrated serial input / output common-cathode display driver, it is connected to a microprocessor with 8-digit 7-segment digital LED display can also be connected to the bar graph display or 64 separate LED. On B BCD encoder including an on-chip, multi-channel scanning loop word drive, but also an 8 x 8 static RAM is used to store each data. Only one external register is used to set the current of each LED segment.
A convenient four-wire serial interface can connect all general-purpose microprocessor. Each data can be addressed in the update does not need to rewrite all the display. MAX7219 also allows the user to select on each data coding or non-coding.
The entire device contains a 150μA low-power shutdown mode, analog and digital brightness control, a scan-limit register allows the user to display the 1-8 bits of data, as well as a let all LED light detection mode.
Only need three IO ports can drive a dot-matrix! Dot-matrix display, flicker-free! Supports cascading!
This price is the price of the DIY kit, not a finished product prices!
- A single module can drive an 8 * 8 common cathode lattice
- Module operating voltage: 5V
- Module size: 5 cm in length X width 3.2 cm x 1.5 cm
- Including four screws hole, aperture 3mm
- Module with input and output interface, supports multiple modules cascade
- Left of the module is the input port, and the output port on the right.
- Control of a single module, just connect the input port to the MCU
- Cascading multiple modules, the first input termination to the MCU, the output terminal of the first module to the input port of second module, the output end of the second module to the input port of the third module, and so on …
- Wiring forMCU51
- VCC → 5V
- GND → GND
- DIN → P22
- CS → P21
- CLK → P20
- VCC and GND is not reversed, it would burn the chip!
- Use 51 MCU P0 port control, you must pull-up resistor with proper resistance of 4.7K–10K
- Please insert the dot matrix into the round socket firstly, and then insert the socket into the PCB board and sold. Let the dot matrix with word side facing you, the pin order from left to right side is 123456. PCB board 1 foot square pad!
- Electrolytic capacitor is positive long-legged, short leg is negative; ceramic capacitor has no positive and negative points.
- PCB board – 1
- 5P clubfoot single row pin -2
- 8P hole Block -2 (pitch 2.54mm)
- 24P IC Sockets -1
- DIP MAX7219 chip -1
- 10uF electrolytic capacitor -1
- 0.1uF ceramic capacitor -1
- 10K resistor -1
- 3mm 8 * 8 red comm-cathode dot matrix – 1
Documentation available on this page.
There are no reviews yet.