Portable Charging Kit by Solar Power and Lithium BatteryChao
Design a portable charger is always interesting, you only need a few things to do so,
- A lithium battery, unlucky we only have a small volumn lithium battery 860mah right now.
- A charging circuit board to handle the input, a new type of this charging circuit just arrive, the maximum power output up to 1A, and there is another charge circuit also looks good in our store, only export 0.5A max.
- A voltage step-up circuit to export the output, this 3V-5V power module fit most needs for digital products.
- The input energy, we use the solar power, this one is really cheap, you get around $3.2 USD for 5 pieces, but never worry about the quality!
- The enclosure. Here are some enclosure we have, both plastic and aluminum, general looks, most of them fit the small 860mah battery.
I would say you also need some extra wires and “wire-to-wire” connecting cables to make conjunction between battery to your circuit module, this make it easy to plug in and out, give it more flexibility. This 5.5-2.1 wall mounted connector will be very helpful to mount on your case.
After break, here is a very interesting demo video from BrownDogGadgets.com, I think you can easily make it even better 😀
And let’s see what they made:
The solar cells now are 18% efficient and on ebay chipped for cheap.