- Additional information
- Reviews (4)
- Product Enquiry
This is AVR programmer, designed as a arduino shield. In this way, you can program most of the AVR ICs with arduino IDE and using arduino board as ISP.
The AVR Programmer Shield allows you to program ATtiny and ATmega microcontrollers using your Arduino. Instead of pulling out the breadboard and wiring everything up every time you want to (re)program a microcontroller, you can just use this shield! It features a ZIF socket so inserting / removing the microcontrollers is a breeze. It also requires no additional software; everything is done through the Arduino IDE or avrdude.
Support to use alone via other programmer like USBASP, or use as arduino shield
For arduino: Load up your Arduino with the ArduinoISP sketch (included in the Arduino IDE – File > Examples > ArduinoISP), pop the shield on, and you’re ready to go!
For USBASP, you can use Avrdude, and connect to board on ICSP interface.
Supported Chips List:
It supports most of the AVR ICs, and all the similar AVR packages:
- Swtich Left:
- Attiny 11 / 12 / 13/ 15 / 45 / 85 (8p)
- Attiny *313 (20P)
- Switch Middle:
- Attiny 24 / 44 / 84 (14p)
- Switch Right:
- ATmega 8 / 48 / 88 / 168 / 328P (28P)
- LED indicators: Heartbeat, Programming, and Error, designed as ArduinoISP sketch
- Auto-reset jumper: on for programming arduino source board and off for programming target board
- Stackable female headers included
- Test LED on board, connect to IC pin3.
- Replaceable 16MHz crystal for programming ATmega MCU
- Wide size ZIF socket: simple to insert and remove microcontrollers for programming, you can do mass programming easily! One socket for programming all different microcontrollers!
- Double check if cyrstal is place on the 3-pin position, check if auto-reset is place on ON.
- For each type of ICs, please configure wiring:
- For Attiny 44, etc, turn all left switch position ON, the rest switches OFF, and jumper for 2313 OFF, no need crystal usually
- for Attiny232, etc, turn all middle switch position ON, the rest switches OFF, and jumper for 2313 ON, switch crystal switch to top
- For Atmega 328, etc, turn all right switch position ON, the rest switches OFF, and jumper for 2313 OFF, switch crystal switch to bottom
- To use standalone, plug programmer like USASP on ISP port.
- To use arduino ISP sketch, soldering pin headers and plug to your arduino.
- Put IC On to socket, blink sketch should try LED on IC pin 3, for example for atmega328 is D1.
Current version is green board R2.