SIM7020E is the NBIOT module from SIMCOM (4G LTE NBIOT band), the great thing is unlike other NBIOT module, SIM7020E supports almost all bands, includes: B1/B3/B5/B8/B20/B28, no compatible issues, and same price like any other NBIOT modules.
- NB-IOT network registration is very fast, unlike normal 2G module, only 10 seconds (say 5-20 seconds) to register on network.
- Originally AT commands support MQTT or COAP, etc.
- More advanced developed functions, working netlight led, support ADC read, etc.
- Simple, compact package size, which is also compatible with SIM800C.
- Supported band B1 B3 B5 B8 B20 B28
- You need NBIOT SIM card to use the module, not normal sim card. And need 2.4 IPEX UFL antenna.
- NBIOT network is under developing, you may need to upgrade the firmware of module from time to time for latest features.
R2 Board Features:
- Mini board size, 29 x 27 mm.
- Lead out most of the module pins.
- Board layout is 80% compatible with our SIM800C R2 mini board.
- Lead out pin header 2 row * 13 pins, 2.0mm pitch, distance is 24.5mm
- On board high performance LDO, up to 12V (max 16V) 500mA, provide power supply.
- 2.4G antenna IPEX UFL connector.
- Nano (iphone type) SIM card holder.
- On board netlight LED, can be disconnected via jumper.
- On board power up key.
- No more USB connector, please just buy a USB connector and connect to four pins VUSB, DP, DM, GND.
- U1V_RXD, U1V_TXD: uart1 txd and rxd pin via logic shifter, 5V compliant
- IO0: GPIO 0
- VDD: VDD 3.3V from module
- RI DTR DCD CTS RTS RXD TXD: Full UART1 pins, extra pins can be used as GPIO or other control functions, please refer to datasheet.
- M_K: external MCU control pin, pull high to power on module
- U2TXD, U2RXD: uart2 pins, can be used for upgrade firmware.
- VUSB, DP, DM, GND: USB debug pins
- RST – reset, ADC – analog read pin, V_ext: power supply logic, STAT: status logic, NET: netlight
- GND, VIN: Power supply in, support up to 12V.
Quick start guide:
- USB port is NOT working for debugging, please do not connect to use it.
- Please use a USB-serial adapter like CP2102 or FT232RL, connect 5V, GND, VTXD and VRXD.
- Must well attached the SIM card and 2.4Ghz antenna.
- Hold down the side button for 3-5 seconds until LED start to blink,.
- Now you can send AT commands via serial uart COM port.
R1 version is stopped, if you need please contact us to book.