MKS is the opmitzed version with lower current, the original version it high current and very hot. Adjust the trimpot for MKS version for current otuput.
This product is a carrier board or breakout board for TI’s DRV8825 stepper motor driver; we therefore recommend careful reading of the DRV8825 datasheet (1MB pdf) before using this product. This stepper motor driver lets you control one bipolar stepper motor at up to 2.2 A output current per coil (see the Power Dissipation Considerations section below for more information). Here are some of the driver’s key features:
- About double price of A4988 PCB module
- Suitable for 8.2V~45V (between VMOT and GND for motor), and less than 2.2A (2A for A4988) steppers
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Six different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, and 1/32-step (N/A for A4988)
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
- Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
- 45 V maximum supply voltage
- Built-in regulator (no external logic voltage supply needed)
- Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, over-current shutdown, and under-voltage lockout
- Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection
- 4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation
- Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB
- Module size, pinout, and interface match those of our A4988 stepper motor driver carriers in most respects.
- Buck order price $1.62 for more than 50pcs.
This product ships with all surface-mount components—including the DRV8825 driver IC—installed as shown in the product picture.
- Reprap wiki page info.
- In the wiring page, connect blue line to digital pins, red and black lines to power pins VCC and GND, grey pins can leave it to float,
- Search via google to find more use guide
Setup the mode
Optimized Version Black (Based Original version blue):
- Drive current algorithm: i = vref x 2, potentiometers have three pins with a multimeter test for the 8825 direction of the pin voltage Vref, the current can be adjusted by potentiometer clockwise twist is to increase the current, counterclockwise is minus small current. Refer to the following figure:
- 8825 general design problem in wiki default Vref about 1.6v, so current has 3.2A, no adjustment would be very easy to burn very hot!
- MKS 8825, through design optimization, default Vref about 0.65v, default current 1.3A, maximum current of about 2.5, more safe to use. Use trimpot to adjust output current.
- If you own use, the proposed purchase of MKS 8825.
Bulk order price is $1.6 for 100 pcs order.