INA219 DC Current Sensor Breakout Board 26V 3.2A
- Additional information
- Reviews (1)
- Product Enquiry
The INA219 module is a zero-drift, bi-directional current / power monitoring IC with I2C interface to further expand TI’s energy-efficient electronics portfolio.
With the industry’s highest accuracy and smallest size, the INA219 not only monitors the voltage drop across the shunt resistor, senses the shunt supply voltage, but also calculates the power supply.
The device is available in a SOT23 package and provides a small, low-cost solution for digital current sensing of servers, notebooks, power supplies, battery management, and automotive and telecom equipment.
INA219 measure DC voltage and current in the same time:
- This board can handle high side current measuring, up to +26VDC, even though it is powered with 3 or 5V. Over I2C with 1% precision. Up to ±3.2A current measurement, with ±0.8mA resolution
- Also report back that high side voltage, which is great for tracking battery, solar panel or other energy sources, etc
- On board 0.1 ohm 1% 2W current sense resistor
- On board selectable IIC address.
- Package include KF126 3.5mm wire termminal, 2.54 pin headers, not soldered.
muunokhoi (verified owner) –
I used two of these in a data logging ammeter project. They work terrific, and having two I2c jumpers lets you connect up to 4 with a single I2c bus. It was spot on accurate with the ammeter I had inline with a 20mA test load. One thing I did learn after much trial and error: The ground of the breakout board MUST be connected to the negative terminal of the power supply for the load you are testing. Otherwise you will get accurate current readings but strange and random voltage readings.