First what you receive firmware version, mostly could be:
00160901, this version number actually are two parts, 0016 is the SDK version, and 0901 is the AT version.
Let us first update to a Cloud update supported version 00170901, please find the tool here:
and run the tool, select the bin file and COM port is fine enough.
Follow the wiring like this, I use standalone power and a FTDI basic module with 3v3 setup:
Remove the GPIO0 line to normal running mode
remember to join your router for internet, and run AT+CIUPDATE to get updates.
If you don’t see “error” feedback (mostly case can be you didn’t connect to internet), you should see:
+CIPUPDATE:1 found server
+CIPUPDATE:2 connect server
+CIPUPDATE:3 got edition
+CIPUPDATE:4 start start
Now here are the final version 00180902:
The new updates include:
- based SDK v0.9.2;
- increasing the online update feature, the new command CIUPDATE;
- modify CWLAP instruction supports filtering, increase return information;
- command input end use r n;
- CWMODE do not need to restart after setting;
- other problems corrected;
- the new Technical Support Email firstname.lastname@example.org;
Don’t forget to connect espressif straight, they will help you too!