ESP8266 SDK Windows Setup (updated 11/29)Chao
There is already an official SDK running on Linux Lubuntu, very easy and simple to use. But now here we have the SDK environment transplant to Windows system via the software tool called cygwin, which allow you to create the linux environment in the windows, and we have the SDK running on this certain environment.
This is full setup environment, only need to download to use, let us follow below few steps:
You can get this setup cygwin for ESP file here (SDK is the current 0.93 and with 0.92 codes, seems not working well), some explanation on this link, and use AT new version 020 here. Or use this one SDK 0.92 which will is stable(simple step, only make it, full command wizard differ to the guide below, but always keep the makfile in app folder). i. After get the zip file, unzip it on your disk directly, we did it on drive letter “D:” here, and you should have “D:cygwinCygwin.bat”, click and run cygwin.bat
cd into SDK folder, make and wait about 3-5 minutes for compiling, then run make compose (no need for 092 cygwin sdk) to generate bin files, final bin file is located at bin (appfirmware for 092) folder.
Finally connect your board on update mode and flash it!
The steps to setup AT 020 work with SDK093:
- Download the new AT020
- Remove the all the files in /SDK/app except the gen_misc.bat and gen_misc.sh, which are associated with the SDK
- move the files in app in AT020 to /SDK/app, include make files, NOT include the gen_misc files.
- remove sames files in /SDK/bin and replace them by AT020/bin (maybe optionally, please keep sub-folders and compose.sh)
- make and make compose!
- According to the readme file, also flash blank.bin at 0x7e000, see images below:
- Tried the deep sleep mode, some data output after the timeout
Note: This SDK seems can not compile IoT demo well, please still use Lubuntu instead.