SIM7020E is the NBIOT module from SIMCOM (4G LTE NBIOT band), the great thing is unlike other NBIOT module, SIM7020E supports almost all bands, includes: B1/B3/B5/B8/B20/B28, no compatible issues, and same price like any other NBIOT modules.
- NB-IOT network registration is very fast, unlike normal 2G module, only 10 seconds (say 5-20 seconds) to register on network.
- Originally AT commands support MQTT or COAP, etc.
- More advanced developed functions, working netlight led, support ADC read, etc.
- Simple, compact package size, which is also compatible with SIM800C.
- You need NBIOT SIM card to use the module, not normal sim card. And need 2.4 IPEX UFL antenna.
- NBIOT network is under developing, you may need to upgrade the firmware of module from time to time for latest features.
- Few countries’ network are not yet supported (German), unless update firmware. The upgrading port for 7020E is UART2, which is not lead out at the beginning version, latest version are added. If your board does not have this port, you need try to lead out the pin by yourself, please notice.
- Mini board size, 28x26mm.
- One row 2.54mm pitch lead out pins, easy to use or embedded into your project.
- On board high performace LDO, up to 12V (max 16V) 500mA, provide power supply.
- Fully logic compliant 5V VRXD, VTXD UART interface.
- Interface: Boot, RXD TXD (3.3V), VRXD VTXD (5V), ADC, GND, 3.3V, 5V.
- 2.4G antenna IPEX UFL connector.
- Nano (iphone type) SIM card holder.
- On board netlight LED.
- On board power key, also boot pin can control by external MCU signal.
- Lead out USB interface, this can be recognized by PC, but not sure how to use it.
Quick start guide:
- USB port is NOT working for debugging, please do not connect to use it.
- Please use a USB-serial adapter like CP2102 or FT232RL, connect 5V, GND, VTXD and VRXD.
- Must well attached the SIM card and 2.4Ghz antenna.
- Hold down the side button for 3-5 seconds until LED start to blink,.
- Now you can send AT commands via serial uart COM port.